You'd think I'd know better
After over 10 years of doing this stuff, I should be smarter than this, but apparetnly not.
Saturday I had a marathon pace 7 miler scheduled. Due to a conflict, I couldn't go out unitl 1:15pm. It was 91 and sunny and miserable. Did I take that into account? No, of course not. So 4 miles into it, I felt like a trout in a cast iron skillet.
Why is it that my epiphany moments happen when I'm on the verge of heat exhaustion instead of, you know, before?
Lots of water and dripping dry brought me back to life, and I managed a decent 10 miler on Sunday, but still...
Saturday I had a marathon pace 7 miler scheduled. Due to a conflict, I couldn't go out unitl 1:15pm. It was 91 and sunny and miserable. Did I take that into account? No, of course not. So 4 miles into it, I felt like a trout in a cast iron skillet.
Why is it that my epiphany moments happen when I'm on the verge of heat exhaustion instead of, you know, before?
Lots of water and dripping dry brought me back to life, and I managed a decent 10 miler on Sunday, but still...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home