2006 goals
Here are my goals for the year. I'm open to comment:
My focus is to get this damn Boston monkey off of my back. My plan is to train like I am trying to run a 3:10 marathon, and then downshift to run a 3:20. Countless times I've trained for a pace and fallen way short. I always felt like I "had a chance" of hitting my goal if the planets aligned. This time I want to give myself a little slack.
I also want to lose some weight, which will make the marathon just a bit easier. Plus, to try to avoid overuse injuries, I need to do some weight lifting to keep muscle balance.
1Q06 - 400 miles, establish regular weightlifting routine, weight 170
This quarter is all about building a base. Long slow miles. Plus I want to try to fit weekly weight lifting into my training rythm.
2Q06 - Work on speed - 90 minute half marathon, weight at 165
2Q is focused on building some speed back into my training and will of course feature the mini.
3Q06 - Marathon prep - 2:15 30K, weight at 160
This Q is all about training for the marathon. This part went well in 2005. The 30K is a benchmarking tool. A 2:15 will be about a 7:15 pace.
4Q06 - Boston Qualifier - 3:20 Columbus marathon
My focus is to get this damn Boston monkey off of my back. My plan is to train like I am trying to run a 3:10 marathon, and then downshift to run a 3:20. Countless times I've trained for a pace and fallen way short. I always felt like I "had a chance" of hitting my goal if the planets aligned. This time I want to give myself a little slack.
I also want to lose some weight, which will make the marathon just a bit easier. Plus, to try to avoid overuse injuries, I need to do some weight lifting to keep muscle balance.
1Q06 - 400 miles, establish regular weightlifting routine, weight 170
This quarter is all about building a base. Long slow miles. Plus I want to try to fit weekly weight lifting into my training rythm.
2Q06 - Work on speed - 90 minute half marathon, weight at 165
2Q is focused on building some speed back into my training and will of course feature the mini.
3Q06 - Marathon prep - 2:15 30K, weight at 160
This Q is all about training for the marathon. This part went well in 2005. The 30K is a benchmarking tool. A 2:15 will be about a 7:15 pace.
4Q06 - Boston Qualifier - 3:20 Columbus marathon

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home