NWA Runners

Monday, August 22, 2005

Friday long run

Last Friday I had the "opportunity" to run long in the AM. Because I had my kids for the weekend, it was run long (16) now or not at all. So...

I headed out at 5:30 in a steady, some would call it heavy, rain. I don't mind rain. But this particular rain erased most of my BodyGlide within the first 5 miles. By the half way point, it had stopped and the nips were a bit tender. I took off my shirt after my water and Gu stop, rolled it and stuffed it between my waist and water bottle holder belt thing. I even took a few seconds to wring out my soaked to the point of sticking to my legs shorts.

Ok, so here's the wierd part... when I finished, my socks, the inside lower seam of my shorts, and parts of my white shirt had a faint dark orange tint to them. It was as if I'd been sweating a lightly colored sweat. Or maybe the rain was dirty. I had a couple chafed spots, but nothing that would account for THAT much blood.

Anyway, the run was over and I made it to work in plenty of time for my 9:30 meeting. I finished strong and with only an over-use pain in my left knee.

Any theories on the orange tinted clothes welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home