My First NWA Run of '06
Tuesday I was stuck in the annual sales meeting. Having missed my run on Monday, a truly magnificent day, 50s and sunny, I was extra anxious. I saw a window between the meetings and the reception, so I bolted home for a quick run.
Tuesday wasn't 50s and sunny. It started as 50s and rainy, and slowly turned to 30s and snowy. My running window was exactly at the freezing rain, tiny sized sleet stage of that transition. Still, I really wanted to get a run in.
Of I go at 5:30. Did I mention the wind? A nice 12 mph wind was turning the tiny sleet into a fairly efficient sand blaster. If I openned my eyes all the way, I could feel the icy meteorites pelting my eye balls.
I was only running 5, out and back. I trudged on, knowing that I would get relief at the turn-around. Problem was that at the turn-around, I was still getting lit up by the sleet. I don't know how, but he wind was in my face the entire run.
It was still better than the reception.
Tuesday wasn't 50s and sunny. It started as 50s and rainy, and slowly turned to 30s and snowy. My running window was exactly at the freezing rain, tiny sized sleet stage of that transition. Still, I really wanted to get a run in.
Of I go at 5:30. Did I mention the wind? A nice 12 mph wind was turning the tiny sleet into a fairly efficient sand blaster. If I openned my eyes all the way, I could feel the icy meteorites pelting my eye balls.
I was only running 5, out and back. I trudged on, knowing that I would get relief at the turn-around. Problem was that at the turn-around, I was still getting lit up by the sleet. I don't know how, but he wind was in my face the entire run.
It was still better than the reception.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home