100/7 Day 3 - 15.5
Ok, today I could feel the fatigue.
My route was a favorite from marathon training last fall. To shake it up a little I ran it backwards (route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=234207)
I started around 11:00 in Broadripple and took the monon downtown, around the cirlce, and back up Meridian. The day was very sunny, 70s, and I had a light but welcome headwind for the return leg.
Getting downtown was a chore. Maybe it was the mile markers on the trail that kept me from "losing myself" in the run by reminding me exactly where I was every quarter mile.
I waited until the cirle to refuel with Gu and Propel. A little over half way and my legs were weary. The worst part as that my feet were, for the first time, showing signs of friction problems. This may have been partially caused by my sandles that I broke out on Tuesday to try to keep my feet dry and cool after my runs. They have rubber soles which tend to irritate my feet for the first couple of days.
It might also have been paritally caused by the residual dampness in the shoes from the previous runs. Had I actually planned this adventure, I might have thought ahead and had two pair of shoes in rotation. Probably not. I stuffed the shoes with newspaper so they should be good for tomorrow. The feet have no visible damage, except for a couple of small blisters on my left big toe from rubbing with the inex toe.
My legs didn't exhibit any significant stiffness or pain, though my left knee felt a little sore on the drive home.
Overall, this segment was a chore. I felt every mile. I wasn't able to disconnect from the run for more than a few seconds. Even Lenny (Kravitz) couldn't take me away.
When it was done, I was spent. I chugged my Endurox, and then got a large Sprite at the bagel place. I sat in the AC drinking my wonderfully cold Sprite until the dripping sweat was replaced with goose bumps.
After my shower, I was totally wiped. Not energized. Not pumped. Just plain tired.
Tomorrow, a home based route... without mile markers.
My route was a favorite from marathon training last fall. To shake it up a little I ran it backwards (route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=234207)
I started around 11:00 in Broadripple and took the monon downtown, around the cirlce, and back up Meridian. The day was very sunny, 70s, and I had a light but welcome headwind for the return leg.
Getting downtown was a chore. Maybe it was the mile markers on the trail that kept me from "losing myself" in the run by reminding me exactly where I was every quarter mile.
I waited until the cirle to refuel with Gu and Propel. A little over half way and my legs were weary. The worst part as that my feet were, for the first time, showing signs of friction problems. This may have been partially caused by my sandles that I broke out on Tuesday to try to keep my feet dry and cool after my runs. They have rubber soles which tend to irritate my feet for the first couple of days.
It might also have been paritally caused by the residual dampness in the shoes from the previous runs. Had I actually planned this adventure, I might have thought ahead and had two pair of shoes in rotation. Probably not. I stuffed the shoes with newspaper so they should be good for tomorrow. The feet have no visible damage, except for a couple of small blisters on my left big toe from rubbing with the inex toe.
My legs didn't exhibit any significant stiffness or pain, though my left knee felt a little sore on the drive home.
Overall, this segment was a chore. I felt every mile. I wasn't able to disconnect from the run for more than a few seconds. Even Lenny (Kravitz) couldn't take me away.
When it was done, I was spent. I chugged my Endurox, and then got a large Sprite at the bagel place. I sat in the AC drinking my wonderfully cold Sprite until the dripping sweat was replaced with goose bumps.
After my shower, I was totally wiped. Not energized. Not pumped. Just plain tired.
Tomorrow, a home based route... without mile markers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home