100/7 Day 4 - 15.2m
Damn, today was hard. Looking back, by legs were doing pretty well, but my spirit was taking a beating. It was hotter today. And I completely spaced my pre-run yogurt. Not a good start.
I ran the same course as day one, but backwards and didn't miss my turn. Temp was a little warmer and again full sun. I started at about 9:30a. The course has moderate shade, except for the middle 5. There are a few hills in the first 1/3 and last 1/3. No chafing this time, and nly a small bliter on my left 4th (ring) toe.
The first 5 miles were rough. I was tight and sluggish. There was a moment after a brief break for some Gu and water when my chest felt a little light. I stopped immediately in some shade and took stock of the situation. No pain, and the feeling went away, but I decided that my electorlytes might be off. Luckily I was close to a small deli. I ducked in there are grabbed some salt packets. The salt went down so easy, telling me it was just what I needed.
The next stretch was full sun and on a heavily trafficed road. The exhaust was nasty. I took to running with my mouth closed, hoping my nose would filter some of the crap out. The stretch also included a gravel pit and the accompanying dump trucks laying down a dust wake like they were spraying for mosquitos.
About mile 10 I really started to fade. I don't think I made a single mile without some stop for a short walk. Again, the legs were pretty good, but I was worn down mentally and emotionally. If this doesn't improve, the next 3 days are going to get ugly.
Tomorrow I'm going to run 2 loops from my house, so I can grab a fresh bottle, and try to get an earlier start. I'm a little worried about my hydration levels and the temp and humidity are going to be higher.
I ran the same course as day one, but backwards and didn't miss my turn. Temp was a little warmer and again full sun. I started at about 9:30a. The course has moderate shade, except for the middle 5. There are a few hills in the first 1/3 and last 1/3. No chafing this time, and nly a small bliter on my left 4th (ring) toe.
The first 5 miles were rough. I was tight and sluggish. There was a moment after a brief break for some Gu and water when my chest felt a little light. I stopped immediately in some shade and took stock of the situation. No pain, and the feeling went away, but I decided that my electorlytes might be off. Luckily I was close to a small deli. I ducked in there are grabbed some salt packets. The salt went down so easy, telling me it was just what I needed.
The next stretch was full sun and on a heavily trafficed road. The exhaust was nasty. I took to running with my mouth closed, hoping my nose would filter some of the crap out. The stretch also included a gravel pit and the accompanying dump trucks laying down a dust wake like they were spraying for mosquitos.
About mile 10 I really started to fade. I don't think I made a single mile without some stop for a short walk. Again, the legs were pretty good, but I was worn down mentally and emotionally. If this doesn't improve, the next 3 days are going to get ugly.
Tomorrow I'm going to run 2 loops from my house, so I can grab a fresh bottle, and try to get an earlier start. I'm a little worried about my hydration levels and the temp and humidity are going to be higher.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home