100/7 Day 5 - 16.2m
What a difference a day makes. I don't know why, but today's run was much much better than yesterdays. It might have been the early start, with a lot more shade and cooler temp. Or it might have been the familiar courses. Or taking on twice as much water. Or eating a lot the day before. Whatever it was, it worked.
I started around 8:30 in low 70s and finished in the high seventies. Mostly sunny but a nice breeze at times. I ran an elongated version of one of my home routes, and then my 5.1 home route that includes a killer hill.
The run was smooth going after the first mile or so. Once I got warmed up, it was Steady Betty time. The blisters on my left foot bothered me from the first step, but they were managable. My legs were tired, but they never hit weary, even with the hills on the courses.
Yesterday, the lactic acid from my legs crept up my torso and into my soul, killing my desire to continue. Today could not have been much more opposite. I actually enjoyed the whole run.
And, after the run, I picked up my new car!
I started around 8:30 in low 70s and finished in the high seventies. Mostly sunny but a nice breeze at times. I ran an elongated version of one of my home routes, and then my 5.1 home route that includes a killer hill.
The run was smooth going after the first mile or so. Once I got warmed up, it was Steady Betty time. The blisters on my left foot bothered me from the first step, but they were managable. My legs were tired, but they never hit weary, even with the hills on the courses.
Yesterday, the lactic acid from my legs crept up my torso and into my soul, killing my desire to continue. Today could not have been much more opposite. I actually enjoyed the whole run.
And, after the run, I picked up my new car!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home