NWA Runners

Saturday, June 17, 2006

100/7 Day 6 - 14.0m

Another good day. No unscheduled stops. Good pace. No real problems. Well, except for the dead iPod that resulted in listening to sportstalk radio the whole run.

I started at 6am to beat the heat and to finish in time to get to my son's baseball game. Temp was high 60s, and once the sun came up, it was full. The course was the same as Day 2 with a 1 mile extension.

The blisters on my left foot were still managable, but worse. Landing flat and moving forward is ok, but turns and uneven terrain make the foot scream a bit. Why only the left foot?

The legs are tired, but they keep chuggin'. I had enough gas left to push the last half or so.

Interesting note, my shoes look like crap. They weren't bad at all when this thing started. Even though I've been on roads and sidewalks all week, they are filthy.

The hardest part of this adventure now is just getting out the door. Knowing there is an end in sight makes it easier once I start. But the first half mile is slow and uncomfortable for sure.

Just one more day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home